The aims of our art and design curriculum are:
- To provide an art curriculum of quality, range and depth
- To enable pupils to record from first-hand experience and from imagination.
- To give opportunities for pupils to explore and develop ideas; evaluate and develop their work.
- For pupils to become proficient in drawing, painting, sculpture, clay, collage and textiles.
- For pupils to evaluate and analyse their own art work and the art work of others using the language of art, craft and design.
- To foster in our pupils an enjoyment and appreciation of the visual arts and a knowledge of a wide range of artists, craftspeople and designers throughout history to present day.
- To build on prior skills taught.
- To use a wide range of resources and make use of our kiln.
- To visit galleries such as the RWA, Watershed, Bristol Museum and Art Gallery, M-Shed and the Arnolfini. To meet artists and ask questions about their work. To experience workshops with artists, craftspeople and designers.